There are many reasons why it is a good idea to attend an evening class if you are looking to learn English in London. An evening class is an ideal way of balancing professional work commitments during the day along with the need to improve your English. Evening courses in London are available on almost every day of the year, so it should be easy to find a course at a time and date to suit your normal schedule. However, if you are not convinced of the need to attend English courses, here is a list of seven reasons why attending English courses will help you learn the essential language of the modern world.
Learn English because…
1. English is the most commonly used language in the business world, and the second most widely spoken on the planet after Chinese. When different nationalities meet together to do business, English is the most commonly used language to communicate in. If you can’t speak English in today’s world, you are at a significant disadvantage compared to those that can.
2. English is a very difficult language to learn without support if you are not a native speaker. Attending an evening course will improve your skills and help you avoid any common English language mistakes that many non-native speakers make. Plus, if you manage to learn English the process will help you learn other languages much quicker.
3. The expansion and breadth of the British Empire means that English was widely exported all over the world, and is still the official language of many countries today. The British Commonwealth comprises of 54 independent States worldwide and English is the primary language used at official gatherings.
4. Jobs are always available for English speakers. If you can speak English you have the ability to work anywhere in the world. The demand to learn English is so great that if you become really good you could even start teaching the language as a TEFL teacher yourself!
5. If you can speak English you will finally be able to understand the words in your favourite films, and the lyrics in your favourite songs! The USA and British music industries dominate the world’s popular music scene, and most of the biggest bands and rappers on the planet sing in English.
6. Learning English will help you to make new friends wherever you travel in the world. If you are not sure what to talk about when meeting new people abroad, well known British brands such as the Royal Family and Manchester United are sure to provoke opinions no matter who you may be talking to!
7. English is not only the international language of business – it is the international language of the arts and science industries too. If you have any ambitions to enter the scientific arena you will have to know how to communicate in English. Likewise, Hollywood is home to the biggest film industry on the planet, and even many Indian Bollywood films are beginning to be shot using the English language.