Booking and Payment
- If you need St George International to issue you with a letter / CAS to help you apply for a visa (see Visas below) we require a course deposit of £500 or full fees as requested.
- If you fail to receive your visa, we will refund to you your fees minus £500 administrative fee and any accommodation cancellation fees. We will need to see a copy of your visa refusal notice before we can make a refund.
- If you are successful in obtaining your visa, you should pay the balance of your fees immediately after you have received your visa.
We recommend that you book your course with St George International using our online booking system at www.stgeorges.co.uk.
You may also book your course:
1. by emailing your Registration Form to email@example.com
2. by faxing your Registration Form to + 44 20 72991711
3. by posting your Registration Form to: Registration Department, St George International, 79-80 Margaret Street, London W1W 8TA, UK
4. by visiting us at the above address (office hours are 08.30 to 17.30)
The minimum age for English language courses at St George International London is 16. When you book a course with St George International, you must pay:
1. A non-refundable registration fee of £75 for full-time/ flexible courses and £50 for evening courses
2. Your course fees
3. Your accommodation fees if you have requested accommodation
4. A non-refundable accommodation booking fee of £50 if you have requested accommodation
5. Your airport transfer fees if you have requested an airport transfer
6. A charge of £15 if you choose to pay by bank transfer
The price of your first course book is included in your registration fee. The price for any additional course books is £25.00.
You may pay your fees in the following ways:
Account Name: St George International Limited
Account Number: 28859001
Sort Code: 40 - 51 - 62
SVENSKA HANDELSBANKEN AB (PUBL)
LONDON EC2R 6DA
Swift Code: HANDGB22
IBAN Number: GB32HAND40516228859001
Please add £15 to cover bank charges
N.B. There is a supplementary charge of 2% for online credit/Debit card payments.
We are unable to confirm your place until fees have been received.
Cancelling or postponing a course and accommodation after you have started
If you cancel your course after your course has started we will not be able to refund your course fees but we may be able to defer the number of course weeks that you are cancelling to a later date. If you cancel and leave during the week ( for example on a Monday, Tuesday etc) you would lose the remainder of your course for that week and any deferment would start from the following week.
In the case of Flexi One-to-One tuition courses, to cancel an individual one-to-one lesson you must give 48 hours’ notice. If you give 48 hours’ notice then you will be able to re-schedule the lesson. If you fail to give 48 hours’ notice you will forfeit the lesson. In no circumstances would you be refunded for the lesson.
If you wish to cancel your accommodation after you have arrived, you will be charged according to the cancellation policy of the specific accommodation you booked. This policy would have been made clear to you in writing at the booking stage.
We strongly recommend that you take out insurance in case you are unable to start or finish your course for reasons outside your control, such as illness.
Cancelling or postponing a course and accommodation before you start it
If you want to cancel a Course/Accommodation, you must do so in writing. You may cancel on the following conditions:
- more than 30 working days' notice before the course begins: we will retain your Registration Fee and Accommodation Finding Fee (if you have requested accommodation) and refund the balance of your fees.
Please note: Due to the variance in cancellation policies of the student residences we use, please check individual student residence pages for their cancellation details.
- between 15 and 29 working days’ notice before the course begins: we will retain 50% of your full fees and refund the balance of your fees.
- fewer than 15 working days’ notice before the course begins: no refund can be made.
Please note: If we have issued you with a letter / CAS to support a visa application, we can only accept a cancellation due to visa refusal. If you cancel your course for any other reason, we will not be able to refund your fees.
If you must cancel your course due to visa refusal, please send us a copy of your visa failure notice, and we will refund to you your fees minus £500 administrative fee. In most cases, it is better to arrange accommodation once you have your visa. However, in some cases you may prefer us to arrange accommodation before you apply for your visa – for example, if your registration is urgent. In this case, we will also ask you to pay 4 weeks’ accommodation fees, or full accommodation fees in case you are staying for fewer than 4 weeks. If you need to cancel the accommodation due to visa refusal, or postpone it, you will be charged in line with our normal cancellation terms.
In all cases, refunds will be made to the person who paid fees and using the same method of transaction.
Before you arrive in the UK, we strongly recommend that you take out insurance for your own financial and personal security.
You can take out your own insurance or take out the International Student Policy offered by Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited which has been specially designed for overseas students studying in the UK.
The International Student Policy covers:
1. emergency medical expenses
3. cancellation or curtailment charges
5. personal money, passport and documents
6. course fees
7. personal liability
8. legal expenses
Please read the International Student Policy in order to establish the full terms of the cover, which is available through the Insurance section of our website at www.stgeorges.co.uk.
NB It is advisable to take out your student insurance at the time of booking your trip as cover will commence for pre-departure cancellation from the policy issue date. This will, therefore, provide cover should you have to cancel your course for an insured reason such as illness or serious accident preventing you from travelling.
To take out the International Student Policy please click here
St George International will not accept liability for damages for death, personal injury or any breach of contract or improper performance of the contract or negligence in situations where the claim arises out of circumstances, which were neither due to the fault of St George International or other suppliers because:
1. The failure which occurred was due to your fault
2. The failure was due to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services to be provided under our contract with you and was unforeseen and unavoidable
3. The failure was due to unforeseeable and unusual circumstances beyond St George International’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised
4. The failure was due to some event that St George International or any other supplier could not foresee or forestall even with due care. In respect of damage other than death or personal injury St George International’s liability will be limited to a reasonable sum. In respect of air carriage, sea carriage and any other matters governed by an international convention, St George International’s liability in all cases will be limited in accordance with the applicable international convention.
In the event that there is any defect in the service provided by St George International or any supplier of St George International, you must at your earliest opportunity notify St George International and such other supplier immediately of such a defect. Such notification must be in writing or in an appropriate form.
Problems and complaints with courses, accommodation and other services should be brought to our attention immediately so that we can help. We do not accept complaints made after your course has finished.
In the event of insufficient enrolments for a course, the school reserves the right to offer an alternative course of equal value. We reserve the right to change course programmes and locations without prior notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond our control or if in the best interests of the school.
We reserve the rights to amend these terms and conditions at any time
Photography and testimonials
All photographs and testimonials taken of students while attending a programme at St George International may be used on our website and on our promotional materials including brochures, banners, flyers, posters etc.
St George International is open for morning lessons on all UK Bank Holidays including Easter Friday and Easter Monday. On all such days, the school is open until 12.45 and any afternoon lessons will be made up at other times during your course.
2015/16 Christmas Holiday dates – 21 December 2015 to 25 December 2015, reopening on 28 December 2015.
- The New Year Week course will take place on w/c Monday December 28th – Friday Jan 1st. Monday and Friday are bank hols. This week will be viewed as a regular course week.
- Xmas closing – We will be closed w/c 21/12 except for groups and ad-hoc 1-1s.
Once a course has started, students will not be able to recover classes missed, no matter what the reason for the absence. The only exceptions to this rule are ….. (1) When evidence of an illness is provided in the form of a doctor’s letter (original copy)…. (2) An unexpected work commitment which can be verified by your employer in writing (on company letterhead – original copy)
The first day of your course
Most courses at St George International can be started on any Monday.
On your first day, you should aim to arrive by 08.30 for your placement test.
All students are required to present their passports on their first day. You are also required to provide and keep up to date your contact details in London and next of kin contact details in your own country.
St George International is a UK Border Agency approved education provider and appears on the Register of Sponsors with Sponsor Licence Number 0HV124MN6. This means that we are licenced to accept bookings for English language courses and University Foundation courses and provide visa support for candidates who need to apply for a visa in order to study in the UK.
You will need a letter from Saint George International whether you would like to apply for a Student Visa or a Student Visitor Visa. However, from 22 February 2010, visa letters will no longer be accepted for Student Visa applications, and we will issue you with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) an electronic identification number which you should submit when applying for your Student Visa. You will also need to show us evidence of your English language level and pay us your course deposit of £500 or full fees as requested. If you are refused a visa, please let us see a copy of your visa refusal letter and we will refund to you your fees minus £500 administrative fee and any accommodation cancellation fees. No refund will be provided without a copy of your official refusal notice.
In most cases, it is better to arrange accommodation once you have your visa. However, in some cases you may prefer us to arrange accommodation before you apply for your visa – for example, if your registration is urgent. In this case, we will also ask you to pay 4 weeks’ accommodation fees, or full accommodation fees in case you are staying for fewer than 4 weeks. If you need to cancel the accommodation due to visa refusal, or postpone it, you will be charged in line with our normal cancellation terms.
Please apply for your visa as soon as you can. When you have received your visa, please pay the balance of your fees immediately.
When you arrive at our school, you will have a number of responsibilities:
- You must give us a copy of your passport, visa and ID card if you have one.
- You must tell us your address in the UK and your contact details, including email and telephone number – and update us whenever these change.
- You must attend your lessons regularly for the duration of your course.
Your Level of English
It is your responsibility to check the level of English you need for the course you wish to take (please see our brochure or website). If you are uncertain about your level, please contact the school: we will be happy to advise you. We strongly recommend that you complete the on-line test.
If your level of English is unsuitable for the course you have booked, we reserve the right to move you to a more suitable one, or to refuse you admission to the school. If we move you to a more expensive course as a result, you will be expected to pay the difference.
If you are a complete Beginner in English you will be required to take one-to-one tuition until your level is high enough to join a class.