Studying in the UK

Short Term Study Visa - Maximum 11 Months

Short Term Study Visa - Maximum 11 Months

6 months or 11 months

"You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK."

If you come from a non-EEA country, are minimum 18 years of age, and you would like to take a course at St George International you may also apply for a Short Term Study Visa. Students on short courses should apply for a 6-month Short Term Study Visa and students on courses between 6 and 11 months in duration should apply for an 11-month Short Term Study Visa. If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you should apply for a Short-Term Study Visa (Child)

Students can apply for a Short Term Study Visa at any level. It is an ideal visa type for all students who wish to take a short language course, or for students who wish to take a long course of up to 11 months.

Students with a Short Term Study Visa:

  • may not work in the UK
  • may not bring dependents
  • cannot extend their visas in the UK – if students wish to apply for a new visa, they must return to their home country first

If you wish to apply for a Short Term Study Visa, please apply for your course, pay your deposit or full fees and ask us to send you a special letter supporting your application for a Short Term Study Visa. In order to do this, you should send us:

  • Your course application, showing which course you wish to follow, the date when you wish to commence your course, and the number of weeks you wish to study for
  • A copy of the personal details page of your passport.
  • Your course deposit of £500 or full fees as requested. If you are refused a visa, please let us see a copy of your visa refusal letter and we will refund to you your fees minus £250 administrative fee. No refund will be provided without a copy of your official refusal notice. If you would like us to send your letter by courier, please add £70 to your payment.
  • In most cases, it is better to arrange accommodation once you have your visa. However, in some cases you may prefer us to arrange accommodation before you apply for your visa – for example, if your registration is urgent. In this case, we will also ask you to pay 4 weeks’ accommodation fees, or full accommodation fees in case you are staying for fewer than 4 weeks. If you need to cancel the accommodation due to visa refusal, or postpone it, you will be charged in line with our normal cancellation terms.
  • If you are applying for a Short Term Study Visa, you do not need to send us documents proving your level.