Studying in the UK




Changes to Tier 4 Guidance – cancelling existing leave overseas

Tier 4 students who still have leave to remain within the UK in their passport can now make a new application for a UK visa from outside the UK, the UK Border Agency announced. The Tier 4 policy guidance currently states that if a student wants to study with a new Tier 4 sponsor before the existing visa has either expired or been curtailed, they must make their new application in the United Kingdom. If a student makes a new application from outside the United Kingdom it will be refused. However, under new Tier 4 guidance students with existing visas will now be able to make applications from outside the United Kingdom.  The Tier 4 policy guidance on the main UK Border Agency website will be amended shortly.

Blog Category: 
London & Student Life

Share this page: