- Small class sizes – 10 General English: 6 Business English
- 98% recommendation rate by former students
- Free social events and activities every week
- Free Wi-Fi and computer access
- Free English e-learning programme (even after you leave!)
- Fantastic Central London Location
- 50 years Teaching English experience
- Highly Trusted British Government Status
- Accredited by British and European inspecting bodies
- Excellent range of English courses available
This is a free online English test for you to try. After you have submitted your answers you will be given an estimation of your current level of English.
The 40 questions (below) are mostly an examination of English grammar issues, but also your knowledge of vocabulary, some phrasal verbs and idioms are put to the test. Every question is in a multiple-choice format with 4 possible answers; there is only one correct solution on each occasion.
After you have completed the online English test, you need to click on the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page. After you have done this, you will not be able to return to the question page to change any of your answers, so make sure that you have checked all of your answers before you finish to make sure you haven’t made any silly mistakes.
When you go forward on to the next page, you will receive your results immediately: you will be given a score out of 40. Then you can compare your score to the SGI language level chart.
Your score will relate to a CEFR language level grade (A1, A2, B1, B2 & C1). However, this should only be used as a guide for your English competence. Normally in a school placement, you complete a grammar test and would also have a thorough interview with a teacher to truly assess your English skills.
An accurate assessment of your level needs to include speaking, writing, listening and writing, so this online English test is by no means a true and accurate appraisal of how good or bad you are at English.
Good luck with the English test.
You may also like...
- Online Placement Test - 40 questions
- Business English Vocabulary Exercise - Meeting and Writing
- Business English Vocabulary Exercise - Negotiation and Presentation
- Past Simple Irregular verbs English Test
- English Grammar Exercise for Advanced
- English Grammar Exercise for Beginner
SGI students making a news programme (2nd attempt)
Located in zone 1, Paddington Green Studios are small high-quality apartments with fully equipped kitchenette and private bathroom. Each apartment comes with double bed, fitted wardrobe, LCD TV, dining table and two chairs, air-conditioning, internet connection, self service laundry, weekly maid service.
How to get to school? Take the bus 6 or 98 from Edgware Road station to Oxford Circus station (6 stops) or take the Bakerloo line towards Elephant & Castle from Edgware Road and get off at Oxford Circus (3 stops).
Apartment facilities include:
- fully equipped kitchenette
- double bed
- fitted wardrobe
- LCD TV
- Bathroom with shower
- Dining table and two chairs
- Free wi-fi Internet
- Self service laundry
- Weekly maid service (bed linen is provided/towels are provided)
Summer supplement period: June, July, August and September
|Economy studio||£574||Economy studio (Jun - Sep)||£616||Double Studio||£658||Double Studio (Jun - Sep)||£700||Availability||All year||Meals||Self catering||Nearest Tube Station||Edgware Road (Bakerloo line)||Time to school||15 minutes by underground||Finding Fee||£50|
|One-off Cleaning fee||£36|
- With cancellations made 15 working days or more prior to arrival, monies paid will be refunded less an accommodation finding fee of £50. Refunds, where applicable, may take up to 14 days.
- Fewer than 15 working days' notice before arrival and any time after arrival: no refund can be made.
These are designed to improve your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills, as well as to expand your grammar and vocabulary. Emphasis is placed on communication and practice through real life situations and discussions. You can study just in the morning (Standard course - 15 hours) or both morning and afternoon (Standard Plus - 21 hours).
In the afternoon there are a number of interesting options you can take. These include:
• IELTS preparation
• English for Work Purposes
• Study Skills for FCE/CAE
• Applied Skills
• Language for Business