Is SGI English school London good?
""No it is excellent!" The language college exceeds expectations. At the previous inspection of 19 March 2015, the college was found to exceed exceed expectations and the quality of education at that time has been maintained."
Saint George international English School in London has just undergone a rigorous inspection by a Government body (The Independent Schools Inspectorate) which checks for quality in the English Language Schools industry in the UK.
You can read the findings below about the school, which showed that English teaching and learning at SGI are excellent! This is a confirmation of repeated controls by ISI all of the official groups that inspect, check and control SGI that you can see in the school's list of accreditations.
Who are the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI)?
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is an approved Educational Oversight body authorised by the UK Government Home Office to inspect privately funded further education colleges and English language schools in England and Wales that have courses on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. ISI is designed to improve the quality of education on offer to international students who attend UK colleges through Tier 4 student visas.
What is the school inspection for?
Inspection provides objective and reliable reports on the quality of colleges, and makes this information available to students, Government and the wider community. The inspection of the college is from an educational perspective
The focus of the visit is to confirm that the excellent quality standards reported at the last full inspection are being maintained. A monitoring visit is for those colleges found at the last inspection to have met or exceeded the Standards for Educational Oversight.
Is SGI London a good English school?
- The language college exceeds expectations. At the previous inspection of 19 March 2015, the college was found to exceed exceed expectations and the quality of education at that time has been maintained.
- The quality of the curriculum, teaching and learners' achievements is excellent.
- The curriculum is outstanding.
Are SGI teachers good at teaching English?
- The quality of teaching is outstanding.
- English Teachers have excellent and detailed knowledge of the course content and the needs of their students.
- Teachers work well together to ensure that students make excellent progress.
- Lessons are supported by high-quality planning.
Do students improve English skills at SGI London?
- Initial assessment of SGI students is excellent There is meticulous evaluation of the students' abilities. As a result there is an excellent match between students' abilities and the courses for which they are enrolled.
- Students are given excellent support in their use of Standard English.
- Students' welfare, including health and safety, is excellent.
- Students report that they are happy at the college.