English language course plus cultural visits
"SGI London runs another successful Austrian school group programme"
For the third time in two years, SGI ran this September, a highly-successful English plus cultural visits programme, for Austrian high school students from the BG/BRG Baden Frauengasse school. The 34 students, all 16 and 17 years old, studied English in closed groups, based on their levels, in the morning and then embarked on a fantastic range of cultural visits in the afternoon.
In the morning the focus of the English classes was British culture and the sights of London. They covered topics like the strange things the British sometimes eat, their music, films and slang. Many of their lessons were linked to the cultural visits they had in the afternoon, so teaching them about the British education system ,the political system and some of the famous or infamous characters in British history!
Here is a list of the afternoon visits they had:
- Visit to the Shard – extraordinary panoramic views from London’s highest building
- Arsenal stadium tour – a tour of the famous Arsenal FC Emirates stadium, including the press room where students practised commentating on footage of a game
- London Bridge and the Tower of London - timeless London classics, always a wonderful visit
- Harrow Private School – a tour of one of the most famous private schools in England – former pupils include Sir Winston Churchill
- Shakespeare’s Globe theatre – here students took part in a workshop with professional actors acting out scenes from a Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Houses of Parliament – a guided tour of the historical and famous Houses of Parliament
- London Dungeon – this has now become a must-go London attraction – scary and informative
- Oxford trip – A trip to this charming seat of learning included a visit to Christ Church college
The action-packed two week programme, also included cinema and theatre visits, as well as living in homestays, all based in the attractive leafy environ of North East London , close to Epping Forest.
Interested in English courses in London for closed groups?
St George International London specialises in running programmes for school groups – if you would like to send a group of students to London to study English at SGI, we would be happy to discuss your individual requirements to create a unique English course, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your group requirements
More great photos of the Austrian & Danish Groups can be found on SGI’s Flickr page.