Our Standard English class develops all aspects of your English, including: speaking, listening, grammar and vocabulary development, reading, writing and pronunciation. The key focus is on improving your ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
The syllabus for your lessons is based on your course book, but your teacher will also use other stimulating and original English from the internet and other ‘real’ sources. You will be given regular homework and at the end of the week revise what you have learnt.
Your course includes
- Classroom materials and first course book
- SGI self-study workbook and study skills guide
- Free social programme activities
- Free University entrance advice
- Free Student Support services
- Placement test and interview
- Welcome Pack and Welcome meeting
- Free Access to SGI’s Homework club
- Certificate of Progress
|Max Group Size||AM 12 (Sept-June) / 15 (Jul/Aug)|
|Lessons Per Week||20 (1 lesson=45 min)|
|Hours Per Week||15 Hours Per Week|
|Duration||Minimum 1 week|
|Progress||Individual testing & guidance|
Who is this course for?
- All English levels
- Improve English speaking, writing and reading
- English for general use: Social, travel ...
Last week I was in a queue at the Tube station and the guy in front of me was trying to buy a ticket to Southwark, but he was getting increasingly flustered. The problem was, he kept saying “South...
Being an effective listener is not just about understanding the literal meaning of the words of the person in front of you:
We offer a wide range of Accommodation options to make your stay in London as comfortable as possible. From Students Residences to Homestays and Apartments, it all depends on your budget and preference!
Our Social Programme, with free events ensures you make the most of what London has to offer and provides you with rich experiences to make new friends!