Our Standard English class develops all aspects of your English, including: speaking, listening, grammar and vocabulary development, reading, writing and pronunciation. The key focus is on improving your ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
The syllabus for your lessons is based on your course book, but your teacher will also use other stimulating and original English from the internet and other ‘real’ sources. You will be given regular homework and at the end of the week revise what you have learnt.
Your course includes
- Classroom materials and first course book
- SGI self-study workbook and study skills guide
- Free social programme activities
- Free University entrance advice
- Free Student Support services
- Placement test and interview
- Welcome Pack and Welcome meeting
- Free Access to SGI’s Homework club
- Certificate of Progress
|Group Size||AM 12 (Sept-June) / 15 (Jul/Aug)|
|Lessons Per Week||20 (1 lesson=45 min)|
|Hours Per Week||15 Hours Per Week|
|Duration||Minimum 1 week|
|Progress||Individual testing & guidance|
Who is this course for?
- All English levels
- Improve English speaking, writing and reading
- English for general use: Social, travel ...
Newspapers are filled with thousands of words when they are reporting the latest events.
Reading the newspapers is an excellent way to pick up lots of new intermediate to advanced vocabulary...
When you take an advanced English exam, you need to show the examiner that you are able to use complex grammar tenses.
We offer a wide range of Accommodation options to make your stay in London as comfortable as possible. From Students Residences to Homestays and Apartments, it all depends on your budget and preference!
Our Social Programme, with free events ensures you make the most of what London has to offer and provides you with rich experiences to make new friends!